Friday, September 4, 2009

365-Day Poetry Project!

So I have decided that I am going to write a poem or "take a photograph" of myself every day for a year. I will post them on here and on my blog at arose1223.blogspot.com (since BYU's blocked myspace don't bother checking there :/ ).
Actually I got the idea from the beautiful Miss Elyse Dolan. Indeed I shall not fail to give credit where credit is due. However, I am adapting her idea to fit my love of poetry rather than photography. (But it's essentially the same thing, if you ask me.)

Well here's the first one and I will list it as Wednesday, Sept. 2, 2009.

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Woman

I am. I am the violet ribbon of a rainbow streaking across the sky. I am a wild rose, fully blossomed with the firstfruits of spring. I am a radiant butterfly fluttering about a beautiful garden. I am a sunrise to a glorious day. One day I will be the sunset. Each day I am a new poem. I am my favorite book; every leaf holds something beautiful and treasured. I am a worn-out, dirty, falling-apart Raggedy Anne doll, there whenever a friend is needed. I am a link of a chain. I am a brick in a wall; you can put sticky tack on me and I will hold things up (until the sticky tack gives at least). I am the trick candle on the birthday cake; no matter how many times I’m blown out, eventually I flicker back to life. I am the CTR ring on your finger whispering, reminding to choose the right. I am a blanket, cuddle with me and I’ll keep you warm. I am deodorant. Without me your life would stink. I am Goldfish; “the wholesome snack that smiles back until you bite my head off!” I am your favorite pair of shoes; a little old, a little worn, a little scuffed, but still your favorite. I am a photo collage of everyone I’ve ever known. I am a movie. I am a clock ticking away. I am a sail on a ship, fluttering in the breeze. I am a music note resounding in the chamber of a great concert hall. I am the water that flows through a cactus. I am…a Tree! My leaves feast upon the light and glory of my Savior. I am a match hoping to kindle a brilliant, blazing fire somewhere in the forest of mankind. I am a star shining in the night. I am infinity. I am eternity. I am.

Are you?

No comments: