Wednesday, April 7, 2010

1-31-10

Welcome the Rain
(goldrich and heisler)

When I was a child I'd run and hide at the smallest hint of rain
A sliver of gray in the clouds, I'd be under a chair
The thunder would crash and the lightning would flash
And I'd cry at the sight of it all
Curled up in a ball, 'neath the wall of the curliest hair
And I'd stay there for hours, so afraid of the anger I saw in the sky
"Til my mother would come and dry up all the rain that I'd cry
She'd say...

Don't be afraid of the power of life
Open your eyes to its wonder
Just as your heart should be open to joy
So it must let in the thunder
Sun that you long for is hidden from view
And only the shadows remain
But that's when you see the true beauty of life--
When you learn how to welcome the rain

Time passes on, I'm no longer a child
And I've learned a thing or two
I have learned there a wounds that a mother
Cannot kiss away
And though I find I still like to hide,
I have learned that her lesson is true
That if pain comes with love, then the pain
Is a small price to pay;
We all put up umbrellas
To protect us from torrents of feelings that pour,
But Shouldn't We Remind Ourselves What Feelings Are For?! (crescendo)

Ohhh Don't be afraid of the power of life
Marvel as heavens reveal it
Untie the ribbon and open the gift
Thank stormy stars you can feel it!
Open your ears to the music of life
While there's time to repeat the refrain!
If you yearn to embrace all the passion in life,
You must learn how to welcome the Rain...!

...Bring on the Hurricanes, Let the winds blow
I'll match the winds Roar for Roar!
Life's not about being safe, staying dry
Life's about begging for Morrree!

Sooo,
Don't be afraid of the power of life
Open your eyes to it's wonder!
Just as your heart should be open to joy,
So it must let in the thunder!
Sun
That you long for
Is hidden from view
And only the shadows remain
But that's when you see the true beauty in life,
When you learn how to welcome the rain...

If you yearn to embrace all the passion in life...
You must learn
How to welcome

The Rain.

1 comment:

Indigo said...
This comment has been removed by the author.