Sunday, January 26, 2014

"You send me to the moon and back to June..."



Please Pass the Salt
By: Amelia Rose
For Alex ♥

There is a longing
For something
An emotion that swells
And releases
Like the waves on the seashore.
Once a week, once a month, once a day?
It doesn’t matter.
When it comes it’s there
And I feel it.
I love to feel it.
Love to indulge in it,
Even when it hurts.
Even though it hurts,
Always.

Fond memories of a time, a place long past
Memories of joy
Of comfort, of peace.
Even if that time was short-lived.
It was there.
It was real.
It was right.
And I feel it.
Every day I feel it
A secret in the corner of my heart, of my soul.
I want to touch it
But I cannot.
I want to tell someone
But no one can understand.

There is a longing
For something
Something as indescribable
As the taste of salt.
Something that savours just as sweet
upon the tip of the tongue
Enhances the flavor of every hour, every day
But it is something I can’t wish for
Something I can’t hope for
A place, a time I can never go back to
And for that it is bitter.

Like salt.

There is a longing
For something
Something beautiful.
A love, a house, a memory,
a carefree joy.
Like running through the woods
shooting down the badguys
of our childhood dramas.
Like walking on the floodwall,
playing guitar hero,
and sucking miserably.
Well, at least you never did.
Like going for a dip in the pool
On a hot summer day. Or even a cold autumn one.
Like building forts, climbing trees, riding bikes
In the middle of the street.
Where it’s dangerous. Like mother always warned against.
She always told us to stay away from the danger.
Like we ever did.
It was those dangerous situations
That helped us grow, helped us learn
Made us who we are.
So in the long run, I guess they were good, weren't they?

There is a longing!
Such a powerful longing.
For something beautiful,
Something glorious!
Something sweet,
Something bitter,
Something sad.
Everything wonderful…

It is a longing
For home.




J

No comments: